My third reading challenge for the month is a Monthly challenge put together by the Romance Reader Reading Challenges group on Goodreads.
1. ‘D’ is for December: Read a book that starts with ‘D’ or by an author whose first or last name begins with ‘D’.
2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a December birthday celebrant’s GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. RRRC December Birthday List
3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is best known for the Green Bay Packers (the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States), their Cheeseheads (Wisconsin is known as America’s Dairyland) and all the beer they drink (Milwaukee was once home to four of the world’s largest breweries). I may have stretched the truth there a bit, but for this category you can also read a sports related book or one in which food/alcohol plays a large part in the story.
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The solstice brings us the shortest day of the year, so read a short book – one under 200 pages.
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The solstice also brings us the longest night, so read a book over 300 pages.
For those of you on the south side of the equator, just reverse those! =)
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Read a book with an unhappy, cynical or Scrooge like character.
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Read a book that features a happy, optimistic or Pollyanna like character.
8. New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31: Out with the old… Read a book that has been neglected on your TBR, one that gets you current in a series, or an old favorite either book, author, or series.
9. New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31: And in with the new! Read something new to you – a new release, a new author or a new series.
10. Reader’s Choice: Read any book of your choice.
1. ‘D’ is for December: Davitt, Jane, et. al O Come All Ye Kinky
2. Happy Birthday Brenda!: Collared
3. Geography: Hard Fall
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Idaho Pride
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Tigers and Devils
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Jesse’s Christmas
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Timing
8. New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31: The Good Thief
9. New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31: New York Christmas
10. Reader’s Choice: The Christmas Throwaway
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|