I would like to thank KC Wells for taking the time to talk to us about Love Lessons Learned and her most influential M/M books. Check out Caroline’s review. There is also a giveaway, so stay tuned for that.
My Top Ten MM books that have influenced me…
Wow. This is harder than I expected. Such choice, people!
So, these aren’t in any particular order, okay?
1. Bareback, by Chris Owen. The first MM book I ever read, and I fell in love with Jake. Yeah, I hated it when Tor cheated on him, but I was really happy when they got back together. I loved the way Jake and Tor acted around each other, and how the other guys at the ranch accepted them. I thought the Boss was brilliant!
2. The Jarhead series, by Sean Michael. I have to be honest here, the first time I read the first book in the series, Three Day Pass, I put it down after a few chapters. Wow…there is a LOT of sex in those books! But I came back to it, and Rock, Rig and Dick quickly became some of my favourite characters. Their relationship makes me warm inside, and I suspect it was these books that inspired me to write my own threesome, which I am finally getting to write at the moment. The second book, Tempering, still makes me cry, even after the tenth time of reading.
3. The Deviations series, by Chris Own and Jodi Payne. Ohhhhhh, I LOVED Tobias! Yeah, he inspired me to write the Collars & Cuffs series. But Noah and Phan were wonderful characters. I devoured these books. I especially loved the relationship between Tobias and Noah, how Tobias would signal that he wanted Noah to top him. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read these books.
4. Special Delivery by Heidi Cullinan. Sigh. Just…..sigh. Love, love, LOVE this one.
5. Brackets by AKM Miles. Actually, this was a tough one. I love ALL her books! Soldier, Smart Alex, Love, Jamie, Dare to, Stone Canyon, Too Keen….. I love how she brings her characters to life. Just reading these books makes me warm inside. The characters are believable, real, so likeable. I was lucky enough to meet the author at GRL last year, and this was a real highlight for me.
6. The Men in Action series by GA Hauser. This was an author whose books I DEVOURED when I first started reading MM. I looked forward to the emails that told of a new release. But this is my favourite series.
7. Slow Bloom by Anah Crowe and Dianne Fox. WOW. Yeah, this one is special to me. Jack and Ricky…. I love this book. I’ve read it soooooo many times. I love how Jack treats Ricky, how he deals with Ricky’s natural submissiveness. And I suspect I will read this one many times again in the future.
8. The Conquest and Instincts series by SJ Frost, because I couldn’t separate them. They are both excellent, with characters that kept me coming back for more. I love the strong relationships – that does it for me every time.
9. The Nights series (Leather Nights, Undercover Nights, Warrior Nights) by Patricia Logan. I read Undercover Nights first, and Patti quickly went onto my auto-buy list. Imagine how I felt when I started writing and she became friends with me on FB! And yes, we’re back to strong relationships again. (Can you see a pattern here? ☺ )
10. ANYTHING by Stormy Glenn. Okay, so that’s a long list. But hers were the first books I started reading, and I loved them. Too many favourite titles to name them all, seriously, but so many hoiurs of pleasure from her books.
As I look through all the books on my laptop, I realize that there are so many writers that I could name here. It seems wrong to limit me to ten! To give you an idea, there are 113 authors in my folders, and I only have a folder for those I can read again and again. So if you’re a MM author and you’re reading this, please, don’t be offended if you don’t see your name. I really was spoilt for choice. And if you’re a reader and you haven’t come across some of these titles, then go take a look!
From the Publisher:
John Wainwright is having a momentous day. To start off, he lands his first teaching job. Then his brother, Evan, and Evan’s husband, Daniel, take him out to celebrate in Manchester’s gay village. An encounter with a sexy man forces John to admit what he’s been denying for too long—he’s gay. His coming out proves he’s supported and loved by his family and roommates. What more could a man want? There’s just one small problem: John’s dishy Head Teacher, Brett Sanderson, and John’s gigantic crush on him. Too bad Brett is straight.
Brett Sanderson leads a double life. At thirty-three, he is the Head Teacher of a primary school. But for seven years now, during every school holiday, Brett has fled to Brighton, where he becomes ‘Rob,’ a man who has a different guy in his bed every night but has never had a relationship.
Once he’s back in school, Brett is firmly back in that closet, until his newest staff member starts prying open the door. When John pulls out all the stops to get Brett’s attention, neither man is prepared for the consequences.
About the Author
Born and raised in the north-west of England, K.C.Wells always loved writing. Words were important. Full stop. However, when childhood gave way to adulthood, the writing ceased, as life got in the way.
K.C. discovered erotic fiction in 2009, where the purchase of a ménage storyline led to the startling discovery that reading about men in love was damn hot. In 2012, arriving at a really low point in life led to the desperate need to do something creative. An even bigger discovery waited in the wings – writing about men in love was even hotter…
K.C. now writes full-time and is loving every minute of her new career.
The laptop still has no idea of what hit it… it only knows that it wants a rest, please. And it now has to get used to the idea that where K.C goes, it goes.
Author Links: K.C. can be reached via email (email@example.com), on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/KCWellsWorld) or through comments at the K.C.Wells website (www.kcwellsworld.com ) K.C. loves to hear from readers.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|