I would like to thank Toni Griffn for stopping by on the GRL 2014 Featured Blogger Tour to talk GRL, Holland Brothers and more. There is also a giveaway, so stay tuned for that.
GRL 2014 – What I Expect
Thank you to the wonderful people at Prism Book alliance for hosting me today. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Toni Griffin and I’ve been writing in the MM genre since 2011. I’m Aussie and all but one of my series is set here in the beautiful country I call home.
I’ll be making my second trip to the USA this October to take part in GRL in Chicago. I cannot tell you how excited I am to attend. I booked and paid for my flights on the 23rd December last year in preparation. If I hadn’t been lucky enough to get in as an author then I was going to be there as a reader. Due to life and circumstances I’d been unable to make the trip to previous GRLs.
Getting a place as a featured author in February was one hell of a ride for me. With the time difference, when the site went live, it was 2:30am here… Everyone across the globe was scrambling for the few places available and when my computer screen went completely white, not once but twice while I was trying to reload the page I thought I had missed out. My heart was pounding and my hands were shaking when I got through to the checkout page. I was so excited. I didn’t get to sleep that night until well after 4am and I had to be up at 6:30am the following morning for work. Can you say tired?
Now the waiting began.
Is it October yet? This seems to be a constant feeling in my life. Although I know that the time will soon be upon us and once it’s here it’s going to fly by and before I know it it’ll be over. I don’t like this thought.
I was asked to post about the top ten moments from past GRL or the top ten of what I’m looking forward to most if this is my first one.
Well seeing as how I’m a GRL virgin I don’t know if I can list ten things I’m looking forward to as I have absolutely no idea what to expect, but I’ll give it a go.
- Catching up with the fellow authors that make up Mischief Corner Books. I met these wonder people back in 2010 on my first trip to the States and I don’t think there’s been a day that’s gone by since then that we haven’t kept in contact with each other. Thank god for Facebook group messaging and their stickers…. We still maintain there needs to be squirrel and platypus stickers… Hopefully one day Facebook will listen to us.
- Meeting the readers. I’ve never been to an event of this size before and will probably be so overwhelmed and not know what I’m doing, but don’t let that stop you from coming up and saying hi. I would love to meet you all.
- Going all fan girl on some of the authors I have been reading for years. Mary Calmes, better watch out. (Just saying)
- Interacting with people that love the same genre that I do. It’s not every day that I get to talk face to face with others that enjoy reading the same books as me. On the rare occasions when I have been able to I’ve had such a wonderful time.
- The hotel looks amazing from everything I’ve seen and I can’t wait to get there and relax before all the crazy starts.
- There are several authors I met previously in 2010 and I’m looking forward to seeing them again and hopefully getting a drink and catching up.
- Actually getting my hands on print versions of my books. At the moment I have none as the shipping to Australia is so expensive I decided to wait and pick them up when I arrived. I cannot wait to hold my entire Holland Brothers series as individual print books.
- SWAG – Yes I said it. I’m looking forward to both getting and giving out swag. I still haven’t fully decided on what I’m doing for swag, so if you have any suggestions feel free to comment below.
That’s about all I can think of at this time… Not bad. I was only two off. I look forward to hopefully meeting a lot of you in October. I’ll be the tall one with the strange Aussie accent. Until then.
Is it October yet?
Up next for Toni – Forbidden Mate:
Forbidden Mate – Holland Brothers book 4 – Coming July 5
I’ve recently undertaken the project of expanding all four stories in my Holland Brothers series. The first three books all had between 17k-25k words added to them. Forbidden Mate, however, took me by complete surprise. The story has grown from 35k to 81k. It’s currently in its final stages of edits and will be released on 5th July.
Finding his mate should have been Patrick Holland’s greatest day, instead it turned into a nightmare with one phone call. His mate didn’t want him. His heart broke, but at sixteen he was too young to do anything. The next ten years—ten long years— of Patrick’s life are spent at odds with his mate. Split by forces he can’t comprehend and a long line of misunderstandings, Patrick doubts he’ll ever get the man he’s both loved and hated.
Jake Richmond never expected to come home from uni to find the youngest Holland brother was his mate. Knowing the news might uplift his still grieving father, Jake shares the news only to have his young mate threatened. Jake does the only thing he can think of, protect Patrick. The next ten years are nothing but torture for Jake as he watches his mate grow into a remarkable young man.
They say time heals all wounds, but how much time?
About the Author
Toni Griffin lives in Darwin, the smallest of Australia’s capital cities. Born and raised in the state, she’s a Territorian through and through. Growing up Toni hated English with a passion (as her editors can probably attest to) and found her strength lies with numbers.
Now, though, she loves escaping to the worlds she creates and hopes to continue to do so for many years to come. She’s a single mother of one and works full time. When she’s not writing you can just about guarantee that she will be reading one of the many MM authors she loves.
Feel free to drop her a line at email@example.com anytime.
For a complete list of books, go to:
Leave a comment for your chance to win a copy of Forbidden Mate upon its release.
Contest ends 11 May @ 11:59pm CST. Must be 18 or older to win. Void where prohibited.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|