Prism Book Alliance would like to thank Brigham Vaughn for taking the time to talk with us today. Don’t forget to check out our review of Equals. There is also a Giveaway, so don’t miss that.
Author: Brigham Vaughn
Publisher: Self Published
Cover Artist: Brigham Vaughn
10 Songs I Listened to While Writing “Equals”
I probably listened to a few hundred songs while I wrote “Equals”, but these are the top ten that stuck out as having helped influence the story when I browsed through my listening history on Spotify. Some were ones I picked to put myself in a particular mood, others had lyrics that resonated with me as I got in the character’s headspace, and others just seemed to fit the story nicely.
- “Wicked Garden” by Stone Temple Pilots
- “Atlanta” by Stone Temple Pilots – Purely coincidental but utterly perfect for the story since it’s set in Atlanta, Georgia.
- “The One That Got Away” by The Civil Wars – A beautifully depressing song, even though the incorrect grammar drives me bonkers.
- “Falling” by The Civil Wars – Another depressing one, but both of the songs by The Civil Wars were perfect to listen to while I was delving into the angsty part of the story.
- “Anybody Out There” by Civil Twilight
- “Proud Mary” – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- “The Chain” – Fleetwood Mac
- “Whataya Want From Me” by Adam Lambert – The lyrics for the song were ideal for explaining where Russ’ head is through much of the story and what he’s struggling with.
- “I Don’t Want to Live Without You” by Foreigner – In this case the lyrics are perfect for Stephen and how he feels about Russ.
- “Storm Song” by Phidel – Anther one with beautiful lyrics that say so much about the story.
Equals Playlist on Spotify
Too busy to date while he worked to put himself through school, Russell Bishop’s dedication finally pays off; he has a great job with Vantage Marketing. Stephen Parker, CFO of the marketing firm, has resigned himself to a life without a partner. For six months, they wanted each other but it isn’t until Russ slips on spilled coffee, and Stephen rushes to his rescue that they discover their attraction is mutual. However, the twenty year age gap between them proves difficult when they begin dating. Fiercely independent, Russ isn’t sure he’s ready for long-term commitment. Scarred from a previous relationship, Stephen is afraid history is repeating itself. Is there any way for them to meet in the middle and become equals?
About the Author:
Brigham Vaughn has always been a voracious reader with her own stories to tell. After many years of abandoned plots, something finally clicked. Now she’s eating, sleeping, and breathing writing and is excited to have finally figured out what she wants to be when she grows up. In the little time that isn’t spent writing or reading, she loves cooking, yoga, photography, and remodeling her ninety-year-old home. Brigham lives in Michigan with her four cats and an amazing husband who has always been her biggest champion.
7/11/2014Prism Book Alliance http://www.prismbookalliance.com
7/12/2014Love Bytes Reviews http://lovebytesreviews.com
7/14/2014The Novel Approach http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/
7/16/2014GGR Review http://www.ggr-review.com/
7/19/2014The Blogger Girls http://thebloggergirls.com/
7/21/2014Kimi Chan Experience http://www.kimnsarah.co.uk/
7/23/2014The Hat Party http://raineotierney.blogspot.com/p/the-hat-party.html
7/25/2014Rainbow Gold Reviews http://rainbowgoldreviews.wordpress.com/
Brigham Vaughn has kindly offered 1 commenter at each stop will win their choice of backlist title from Brigham Vaughn. In addition one commenter in all of the tour will win a $10 Giftcard from Amazon. Grand Prize giveaway ends 30 July 2014 @ 11:59pm. Winner will be drawn by random drawing among all entrants on 31 July.
Contest will end 5 days from original posting date (or as stated on the Rafflecopter) at 8pm CDT. Must be 18 or older to enter, void where prohibited.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|