Prism Book Alliance would like to thank Chris Cox for taking the time to talk with us today.
GRL! Counting down the days!
I’m a GRL virgin, but, with your help, I’m ready to become a total conference slut.. To make the most of every second of every day and night, I am putting together my “Goals for this Conference” list.
- Dancing. Will there be dancing? If so, that is where I’ll be. Somehow, wiggling around in my living room just isn’t the same as squirming around on the dance floor. (PS I am a really good dancer after a couple of drinks—really, I am! And I’ll bet you are, too!) (PPS Wanna know a secret? Often my drinks are just water, but I’m good at pretending they are something stronger so that I can use imbibing as my excuse for the fancy footwork.)
- Talking books. I read more than I write. I always read a couple of books a week, even on my busiest weeks. So I’ve read a LOT of books by a lot of authors. And I’m so excited to know that you read that much, too. We’ll have SO MUCH to talk about!!!!
- Talking writing. If you even hint that someday you might want to write, be ready. I will want to discuss technique and voice and inspirational photos (this, especially if you have an awesome Pinterest board to share) and what you’re favorite brain food is. (Mine’s peanut butter.)
- Figuring out who on FB is who in person. This one is gonna be a challenge, but I’m up for it. Are you?
- Absorbing the writer magic that authors leave in their wake. You’ve felt it, right? You find yourself in one of those little standing circles that writers instinctively form. You hear the passion as an author talks about story. Then the hands start waving and the wild magic starts flying and there you are! In the circle, soaking up all that goodness. There’s nothing quite like it.
- Relishing the rush of reader excitement that keeps the magic of story alive. Yup, it’s’ true. When stories are read, when they are cried over, laughed over and even when they are flung against the wall, they turn the passive energy of words into the active energy of emotion. What a powerful transformation!
- Soaking up the luxury. Okay, so maybe it’s a little shallow that I’m looking forward to coming into my hotel room to see the bed made up and then sighing with pleasure when I untuck those tight sheets. But there it is. Thanks ahead of time to the staff that gives me that little bit of clean sheet pampering that I don’t have in my dirty socks ordinary day.
- Making my world a bigger, better place. Where I’m from, in my teeny tiny town, in my teeny tiny world, I’m the different one. Sometimes, that’s pretty lonely. So, I’m counting on you to be different, too. I would be thrilled if we could meet at GRL and be different together.
Title: When Sean Loves Rusty
Author: Chris Cox
When Sean Loves Rusty
A Sean and Rusty story collection
Best friends since grade school, lovers since high school, Sean Delahunt and Rusty Duchene thought nothing could ever tear them apart. Then Sean graduates college and his world changes, while Rusty’s stays the same.
Offered a job in Boston, Sean knows asking Rusty to leave New Orleans is a big sacrifice for his soul mate, who has a successful career and supportive family. Abused and rejected by his own family, Sean struggles with self worth and thinks this career opportunity will give him a new life.
Rusty wavers in his trust but takes and chance and agrees to follow him to Boston.
Alone for several weeks in a strange city, Sean is determined to make friends on his own. When Rusty arrives, this new Sean makes him feel insecure. Crushing student loans, being unable to find a job and suspicions about the nature of Sean’s friends strain an already tenuous relationship.
A trip home for the holidays reminds both men of all they’ve left behind and makes them reevaluate what they want in their future.
On the verge of wedding vows, a career crisis threatens to bring their lives back full circle.
Money, moves and men…will this longtime love last forever or will life in the big city destroy their young love?
includes: Meant To Be, Moving On, Tricked Up for Treats, Jingle My Bells and For Better Or Worse
About the Author:
Writing is one of those things I must do because it’s who I am. Reading is one of those things I’m grateful you do, especially when you’re reading one of my stories!
Having the freedom to write about issues that matter, as well as to write about loving relationships, gives my muse great pleasure.
I write short stories, novellas and novels about Louisiana boys in love.
The Bayou Boys series is set around New Orleans, in my home state of Louisiana where I live and love.
I hang out on facebook a lot. Find me there, www.facebook.com/chriscoxwrites
Get notified about my newest release by signing up for my very infrequent newsletter on my websites, www.chriscoxwrites.com or go to any of my books on this site, look right and click the link where you want Amazon to notify you when I have new stories published.
|J. P. Barnaby||23-May|
|Jamie Lynn Miller||11-Sep|
Chris Cox has kindly offered 1 Lucky commenter will win an eCopy of When Sean Loves Rusty
Contest will end 7 days from original posting date at 8pm CDT. Must be 18 or older to enter, void where prohibited.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|