Each Friday, here at Prism we will be tackling a very important topic… of sorts. Five Thing Friday… The topic will change each week, so be sure to check back. We encourage you to comment with your own Five Things!
Topic: Scary Movies
In honor of Halloween I thought it would be fun to ask the reviewers at Prism what movies scared them the most. I am personally not a fan of scary stuff, I am a total wimp, but I know some people love to be scared. So whether you’re like me, or someone who enjoys a frightening flick, I bet you’ve seen something you wish you could unsee. Here are the responses…
Silence of the Lambs
In no particular order:
1) Carrie – The Sissy Spacek version….terrified of turned earth or grave for years after! In the cinema everyone pulled up there legs and screamed at the end.
2) It – I.Do.Not.Like.Clowns.
3) Black Narcissus – A very old film about a nunnery in Tibet with a Mad Nun and I saw it on TV when I was about 5 and it scared the bejeezus out of me and has done ever since.
4) Jaws – wouldn’t have a bath for weeks after saw on TV
5) Silence of the Lambs – Anthony Hopkins was pantomime scary, but some of the tension and the gory bits made it scary for me.
5) Ghost Ship – that movie is just creepy.
4) Mama. I screamed in the theater. Several times.
3) The Possession. This is exactly why you need to bring Holy Water to garage sales. Just in case.
2) The Conjuring. If it involves the Warren’s, it’s probably gonna freak me out.
1) Any Chucky movie. Stupid demonic doll still makes me cringe
The Sixth Sense
The Amityville Horror
Night of the Living Dead (original)
I don’t generally like scary movies, so I don’t have a list. Only one comes to mind,
The Vanishing by Georg Sluizer (1988), a Dutch movie about the disappearance of a young woman and her boyfriend’s obsessive search for her.
I watched it years ago, and the ending keeps haunting me to this day.
Not a fan of scary movies, but said that she was scared while watching World War Z recently. In the past the Omen films and Carrie would be on her list.
- The Stand
- The Exorcist
- Rosemary’s Baby
Fright Night (the original)
Night of the Living Dead (awesome!)
Night of the Living Dead (1968 version)
The War of the Worlds (1953 version)
- Friday the 13th (original)
- Texas chain Saw Massacre, the new one
- The Ring
- The Blair Witch Project
So what are your Five Things???
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|