Prism Book Alliance would like to thank Tere Michaels for taking the time to talk with us today.
Title: Faith & Fidelity
Author: Tere Michaels
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Cover Artist: Aaron Anderson
Reeling from the recent death of his wife, police officer Evan Cerelli looks at his four children and can only see how he fails them. His loving wife was the caretaker and nurturer, and now the single father feels himself being crushed by the pain of loss and the heavy responsibility of raising his kids.
At the urging of his partner, Evan celebrates a coworker’s retirement and meets disgraced former cop turned security consultant Matt Haight. A friendship born out of loneliness and the solace of the bottle turns out to be exactly what they both need.
The past year has been a slow death for Matt Haight. Ostracized from his beloved police force, facing middle age and perpetual loneliness, Matt sees only a black hole where his future should be. When he discovers another lost soul in Evan, some of the pieces he thought he lost start to fall back in place. Their friendship turns into something deeper, but love is the last thing either man expected, and both of them struggle to reconcile their new and overwhelming feelings for one another.
Five Things You Didn’t Know About Faith & Fidelity:
Thank you so much for having me today! Faith & Fidelity entered the public view six years ago last month. I’ve talked about this book a lot so I had to dig deep to find five things you didn’t know about this book!
- Faith & Fidelity was my first published book – first I ever finished, first I ever submitted. I point that out to illustrate how clueless I was when I sent that manuscript off! I had worked in television, arts education, PR, magazine publishing but “e-books” were something I knew nothing about. I actually didn’t realize that “gay romance” existed out in the wilds of professional publishing until I found an ad online. And realized I’d written a gay romance!
- It took me almost eight years to finish Faith & Fidelity! From the initial dream that provoked the plot to attaching it to an email for submission, I had a child, that child started school, I changed jobs numerous times and my hair color almost as much. It’s crazy to look back and fully appreciate that length of time and how much I’ve written in the six years since!
- When I was writing the Jim/Matt scenes, I had an idea of what Jim’s story when he returned to Seattle would be. And yes – he ended up with the roommate (and his wife!). Can you imagine?! (Matt tells me that was a terrible idea and Evan just frowns because Griffin is his friend, okay?)
- When Faith & Fidelity came out, Amazon was also a bit of a mystery to me so when I discovered the book was on a best seller list, I happily clicked on the link and discovered my fumbling innocent boys in the erotica section – as was the go to for all LGBT stories, whether or not they actually were erotic. So I would scroll down the lists and find my boys between “Prison Bitches 11” and “Hot Gay Locker Room Tales 48.” And all I could think was: if you bought these three books together for a specific reason, you are probably a little mad at me right now.
(For a long time I thought about putting a disclaimer on my book: Sorry! There’s a shower scene but it’s probably pretty tame in comparison to what you’re going to find in that Locker Room story!)
- I have a very old notebook, probably sixteen or seventeen years old, and the first page has three lines on it.
Faith & Fidelity
Love & Loyalty
Duty & Devotion
Thing is I have no recollection of writing down these titles. I don’t know where they came from, or why I wrote them down. There is nothing else written in the book – and only because it’s my handwriting do I know it wasn’t stolen from another person!
I wish I knew what my initial inspiration was but perhaps it was just destiny that all the parts of this puzzle came together to form the book that changed my life!
About the Author:
Tere Michaels unofficially began her writing career at the age of four when she learned that people got paid to write stories. It seemed the most perfect and logical job in the world and after that, her path was never in question. (The romance writer part was written in the stars—she was born on Valentine’s Day.)
It took thirty-six years of “research” and “life experience” and well… life… before her first book was published but there are no regrets (she doesn’t believe in them). Along the way, she had some interesting jobs in television, animation, arts education, PR and a national magazine—but she never stopped believing she would eventually earn her living writing stories about love.
She is a member of RWA, Rainbow Romance Writers, and Liberty States Fiction Writers. Her home base is a small town in New Jersey, very near NYC, a city she dearly loves. She shares her life with her husband, her teenaged son—who will just not stop growing—and three exceedingly spoiled cats. Her spare time is spent watching way too much sports programming, going to the movies and for long walks/runs in the park, reading her book club’s current selection, and volunteering.
Nothing makes her happier than knowing she made a reader laugh or smile or cry. It’s the purpose of sharing her work with people. She loves hearing from fans and fellow writers, and is always available for speaking engagements, visits and workshops.
Find her at http://www.teremichaels.com and on Twitter (@TereMichaels), and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/tere.michaels).
Thursday, October 2 – Boys in our Books (Exclusive Excerpt)
Friday, October 3 – Living & Love the Written Word (Author Interview)
Saturday, October 4 – The Novel Approach (Exclusive Excerpt)
Sunday, October 5 – MM Good Book Reviews (Exclusive Excerpt)
Sunday, October 5 – Book Reviews & More by Kathy (Guest Post by Author)
Monday, October 6 – Prism Book Alliance (Guest Post by Author)
Monday, October 6 – Joyfully Jay (Guest Post by Author)
Tuesday, October 7 – Love Bytes (Characters Interview)
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|