Prism Book Alliance would like to thank Jess Buffett for taking the time to talk with us today.
Title: Always Been You
Author: Jess Buffett
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: 02/06/2015
Genre/Sub-Genre: Contemporary, M/M Romance
After recovering from a shooting that took the lives of his best friends, Seth Hall returns to his hometown for the first time in eleven years with his two children in tow. Intent on setting up a happy, stable life for them, he vows not to allow his past to intervene with their future. That is until Jared, the boy who had broken his heart all those years ago, returns to his life a full grown man who knows exactly what he wants…Seth.
Jared Stewart thought he had lost his only chance to be with Seth after a series of misunderstandings and mistakes. When Seth finally comes home and back into Jared’s life, Jared vows to do anything it takes to keep him there. However, while Jared and Seth grow closer, they discover that not everyone is so happy for them.
Will they be finally able to make a life for themselves together? Or will they be torn apart again, by people they thought they could trust?
Prism recently reviewed Always Been You. You can find the review here.
Ten favorite characters who are not yours and why.
- Carson – Stephani Hecht’s Lost Shifter series. He is this gothic, don’t give a damn smartass. I just love him.
- Billy – Stormy Glenn’s Blaecleah Brothers. After everything he has been through he can still smile.
- Logan – Mary Clames’ Change of Heart series. That man has the patients of a saint. Lol
- Jake – Cardeno C.’s Home series. He is so protective of those he loves. The kind of man that would go above and beyond.
- Joe – Lori Foster’s Winston Brothers and Visitation series. He is a mixture of gung hoe badass and sweet yet overprotective teddy bear.
- Raphel – Nalini Singh’s Archangel series. The man exudes power and sexuality.
- Elena – Nalini Singh’s Archangel series. She is kickass and can not only put up with a man like Raphel but stand toe to toe with him.
- Vishous – JR Ward’s BDB series. The man is such a contradictorily, has been through hell, and is not only still standing but does so while kicking ass.
- Jack – RJ Scott’s Texas series. His ability to love but also forgive just about everything makes him a hell of a character.
- Tammy – Laurann Dohner’s New Species series. I love that she is tough yet is still able to hold on to her femininity. Her ability to put larger and scarier men in their place doesn’t detract from what makes her a woman.
Straightening his back, he met Jared’s gaze.
“Fine. Let’s take a seat and get this over with, shall we?”
“Is that the way you talk to all of your clients? Cause I have to say, I’m surprised you get much business then,” drawled Jared.
Ignoring the comment, Seth led them to one of the booths. He cast a glance towards the kitchen, but Sal seemed to be preoccupied. Maybe telling the man to just ‘go for it’ hadn’t been a smart move. Something told him things were going to cost more than he thought.
Taking a seat opposite one another on the old scuffed booth with weathered red leather seating, that he absently noted to himself had to be added to the ever growing list of things that needed replacing, Seth launched straight into professional mode. He needed details to come up with something that the future bride wanted and that’s all he was focused on. At no time did he notice how good Jared looked, or how muscular he had gotten. Seth hadn’t even taken note of Jared’s soft pink lips or his large firm hands.
Not at all.
About the Author:
Jess Buffett was born and raised in New South Wales, Australia. She is a mum of two, married to her high school sweetheart.
Jess is a hopeless romantic who is a huge fan of M/M and M/F romance with a happy ending—anything with hunky men in all their glory, whether they be Shifters, Vampires, Cowboys, or the boy next door.
A caffeine addict who shamefully can’t make a decent cup of coffee to save her life, Jess believes in soul mates, happily ever afters, and in love at first sight, but that sometimes people need a second or a third for the brain to catch up.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
This post may contain affiliate links.