Prism Book Alliance would like to thank Anna Lee for taking the time to talk with us today.
Title: His Soldier
Author: Anna Lee
Publisher: Totally Bound
Cover Artist: Emmy Ellis
Genre/Sub-Genre: Contemporary, M/M Romance
Sometimes you find love where you least expect it, for Sergeant Ryder Brooks that’s writing letters home to Dean Anders, his army pen pal…
After a tragedy, in a way to honor his brother and try to cope, Dean becomes a army pen pal to Sergeant Ryder Brooks. The two connect through letters and phone calls for a year, falling in love and making plans to meet when Ryder finishes his tour. However, in an effort to save one of his men who steps on a mine, Ryder loses his leg. Broken and depressed, he doesn’t think Dean will want him. But once Dean learns what happens, he immediately goes to Ryder, determined to help him heal and show him that he loves him no matter what. Ryder has a long road of recovery ahead of him, but with Dean’s support, he realizes his life isn’t over, it’s just beginning if he’ll only give them a chance.
1. Nikolas & Ben – John Wiltshire’s More Heat Than the Sun Series – This series has captivated me and these two have stolen my heart. They’re incredibly hot guys, strong, passionate, humorous, and heroic. Through all the dangers, twists and turns of the series, Nik and Ben have each other’s backs. They accept each other for who they really are, flaws and all. They never give up because of their love and belief in one another. I love all that and I can’t wait to read the next book!
2. Finn & Diego – Angel Martinez’s Endangered Fae Series – These two are just a joy to read. I adore them. Finn can always make me smile with his carefree spirit and humor. Diego’s compassion for others warms my heart. As does Finn and Diego’s love and faith in one another, even time can’t keep them apart.
3. Cameron & Seth – Lynley Wayne’s Facing Demons – Cam grabbed my heart from the start. He’s so damaged yet still so strong and hopeful. Like Seth I just wanted to hold him and keep him safe from his horrible childhood and life. My heart broke right along with theirs when Cam left Seth to keep him safe. Then when they found their way back to each other, and when Cam finally believed he deserved to be happy, I cried a few happy tears.
4. Gabriel & Valentin – S.A. Meade’s Tournament of Shadows – Gabriel and Valentin were intriguing and memorable. Their story of falling in love was beautiful and drew me right in. I couldn’t put the book down, it felt like I was right there with them on their journey and I melted into a puddle of goo when they got their happy ending.
5. Jazz & Dean – Erica Pike’s Black Hurricane – I love hot rockers and guys who can sing. Plus, Dean is a sweet and vulnerable guy underneath his rock star persona. And I adore Jazz, he really struck a chord with me. Both guys were so vivid and brought to life, I could just picture them performing together on stage. I loved thier story of second chances and reconnecting. I really enjoyed seeing Dean and Jazz fall back in love and overcome the misunderstandings that tore them apart. I had a big grin on my face when Dean and Jazz worked things out and got their happy ending.
So, uh, I’ve never really done this. I mean I had a pen pal when I was, like, eight, and I waited for the mailman every day to see what Skylar would say about kangaroos in Australia. Everything is so techy now, you know, email, texts, and written letters are rare. I guess that was part of the appeal—this just feels more important taking the time to write by hand. And you deserve that.
The reason I decided to become a pen pal is I recently lost my brother and, well, I thought in his memory I’d do more to give back and find ways to support guys like him going through hell over there and fighting for our country. I want to say thanks, and I honestly do admire you. I don’t think I could do it. I’m a creature of comfort and complain ridiculously when it’s hot.
Anyway, I keep going on about me. Thanks for everything you’re doing. I hope you’re staying safe. I’m sure you got a lot going on so if I don’t hear from you it’s okay. I just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you and wishing you a safe journey home.
About the Author:
Anna Lee graduated from the University of California Riverside with a Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing. Living with a disability, she has overcome many challenges and puts her passion for life and love into her writing. She lives with her family and dogs and enjoys writing late into the night. When she isn’t writing, Anna enjoys spending time with her nieces and nephew or chatting with her friends about her favorite books and TV shows.
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/authorannalee
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|