Join Prism Book Alliance® as GRL 2015 Supporting Author Anna Zabo talks with us today.
I’m the world’s laziest packer. Seriously. I wait until the very last minute to pack my suitcase for any event. It’s a bit amazing I manage to bring everything I’m supposed to.
First thing I usually do is start making a list of stuff on my phone. I use the voice to text portion and start rattling off stuff I need to pack and need to do to get out of the house. Then I run around like a mad woman and somehow manage to get it all done in time to leave for the airport.
This will be my third GRL, and since I’m horrible at packing, I figured I’d share a few relevant and irreverent travel and packing tips!
- If you’re an author and you’re not shipping stuff to GRL, choose light, non-breakable swag to stuff into your suitcase. Actually, this is probably a good general tip, ‘cause readers have to take or ship the stuff back.
- If you’re an author, order stuff soon. GRL is closer than you think. Three months. Twelve weeks. In fact, in thirteen weeks from today, you’ll be saying good-bye to everyone at GRL!
- Costumes are fun! But they do take up space, so remember that when you’re planning all the other stuff that needs to go into your suitcase. Do you really need four foot wings?
- If you’re driving or local, laugh at the previous item and luxuriate in your space and lack of 50 lbs weight limit! Lucky! Can I send you stuff?
- COMFORTABLE SHOES. Seriously. Crabby feet lead to a crabby mood.
- Don’t forget to take meds you might need. Except for those that aren’t legal in the state of California. You probably should leave those at home.
- Get a backup battery thing for your cell phone. There’s something about conferences that suck the life out of cell phones and there’s never an outlet when you need one. Ever.
- You can always ship stuff back. Even internationally. So yes, you need that book. Buy it. Trust me. Dooo iiiiit!
- Roll roll roll your clothes.
- Socks. Bring a pair of socks. Yes, it’s San Diego. Still. Sometimes socks make all the difference.
Title: Just Business
Author: Anna Zabo
Publication Date: 06/16/2015
Genre: BDSM, Contemporary, M/M Romance
From the thrilling new author of Takeover, a steamy new novel about having all the control—and losing it…
Justin White may not look like an up and coming corporate superstar, but his new boss knows he has the smarts, grit, and determination to succeed. Now he just has to convince his company’s CFO, Eli Ovadia. Unfortunately, Justin can’t seem to keep his cool around the domineering Eli—and soon he finds himself taking their heat from the boardroom into the bedroom….
Still haunted by a tragic accident that left him with a wounded leg and broken heart, Eli has a need to be in control. But his desire for Justin makes him want to lose that control—and push them both far beyond their limits. But will his need to dominate Justin drive him away—or will Eli find a way to be the man he needs for both of them?
About Anna Zabo
Anna Zabo writes contemporary and paranormal romance for all colors of the rainbow. She lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which isn’t nearly as boring as most people think. You can find her online at http://www.annazabo.com/ or more often on Twitter as @amergina.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|