Join Prism Book Alliance® as GRL 2015 Supporting Author Nic Starr talks with us today.
Thanks so much for having me visit, Brandilyn. Can you believe that GRL is just around the corner? When I first signed up, it seemed so far away, but now, in only a matter of weeks I’ll be there. I’m excited and I’m nervous, probably in equal parts.
For those of you who don’t know, I’m from Australia. I live in Sydney where I divide my time between the ‘burbs and a house in the country. I have a corporate job and I’m a mum. I spend most of my spare time with my family. I’ve done some travelling but I’m not a jetsetter. In fact, I’ve never been to the USA. So this is a big trip for me. BIG.
I’m packing my bag and leaving my family to get on a plane to fly 15 hours to LA. Another quick flight and I’ll be in San Diego. Luckily, my BFF is accompanying me to hold my hand.
I’m excited about this trip for so many reasons:
- Seeing the USA – I’m spending a week in San Diego then another couple of weeks travelling. I’ll see a bit of LA, San Francisco and the Napa Valley.
- Spending days with real people, people who share the m/m passion – actual people, not just Facebook names or names on covers. I’m excited to meet readers and authors alike, to talk about books and writing.
- Having fun!
So what’s making me nervous?
- I’ll be the one with the accent (supposedly). I hope people can understand what I’m saying *wink* But what if everyone expects me to walk around saying “g’day mate” and I disappoint them?
- Driving on the wrong side of the road – my hubby says it’s all cool but it totally freaks me out
- Tipping – I don’t want to do the wrong thing by anyone, or embarrass myself, or send myself broke
- Attending GRL official events – what if no one talks to me, or no one wants to sit next to me at dinner, or doesn’t want the bookmarks I’ve made. I don’t want to be carrying them all back home, not after carrying the 1.9kg of charms across the ocean. I don’t think I’ll have any problem offloading the chocolate *wink*
- Meeting my favourite authors – I know they’ll all be welcoming and friendly but what if… I’m going to suck up my nerves and just head right in there and test that theory 🙂
- Leaving my kids – What if they need me? What if they miss me? What if they don’t?
I think I’ll only be able to breathe easy once I’m on that plane, and maybe once I’ve had that first celebratory glass of bubbles – it’s a holiday after all!
I’m looking forward to meeting everyone at GRL. Despite the nerves, I know it’s going to be a tremendous lot of fun! I’ll be in San Diego from the 12th so make sure you come say hi.
And for those of you interested, here are the details of my latest release. More Than a Friend comes out on 7th October 2015.
Title: More Than a Friend
Author: Nic Starr
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publication Date: 10/07/2015
Cover Artist: Maria Fanning
Tim Walker is a free man. He’s broken up with his girlfriend and is ready to move on to a new relationship. But the relationship he wants to pursue is fraught with challenges. Firstly, Scott Richardson is a man, and only Tim’s closest friends know Tim’s bisexual. Secondly, everyone knows Scott relishes the single life. And then there’s the big one: Scott is the younger brother of Tim’s best friend, Paul.
Scott can’t deny an attraction to his brother’s friend Tim. Lean, dark blond, and blue-eyed, Tim is hot and hard not to notice—especially since Scott and Tim work together. Too bad the man is straight, and too bad Scott worries how Paul will react if Scott hooks up with his best friend.
Tim and Scott want to see if there’s a chance for more than friendship between them, but neither of them wants to lose Paul. Together, they must find the courage to follow their hearts and find a way to have it all.
About Nic Starr
Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.
Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!
When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family-an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters-and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.
You can find Nic on Facebook, Twitter and her blog. She’d love it if you stopped by to say hi.
Website & Blog: http://www.nicstarr.com
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Nic-Starr/e/B00MAWRRQG/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/NicStarrAuthor
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|