For this week, we are doing something a little different here at Prism Book Alliance®. We are taking part in the Foster and Author program organized by the great ladies over that Jo and Isa Love Books. Our assigned author is Nic Starr, who we have reviewed here a number of times on Prism Book Alliance®.
These are a few of my favourite things
Hi again, It’s day six of my week with Prism. For those of you late to the party, it’s Nic Starr here. Brandilyn and Prism are my foster-blog this week. Brandilyn has opened up her blog to me for a whole week so I’ve been sharing a few bits and pieces about me and my writing.
Today I’m going to list a few of my favourite things. And no, there’s not a whisker on a kitten in sight! ☺
So here goes. Some of my favourite things in no particular order…
- Puppies – my gorgeous cairn terrier who keeps me company during my writing marathons. She sits at my feet and hardly leaves my side, except to follow me to the kitchen when then I venture out for coffee. Aren’t dogs so wonderfully loyal and loving? I don’t know what I’d do without her.
- Bubbles – in the flute or in the bath, I’m happy to take them either way. Or better still, a glass of bubbles while I’m in the bubble bath ☺
- Words – I love words and reading. I’ll read the back of the cereal packet if that’s all that’s available to me. However, I prefer my words crafted into a wonderful m/m romance story, and I read a ton. It’s my pleasure, my escape. Very little television for me. Give me my Kindle any day.
- Friends – I have a small but close group of friends. I also count my Facebook community amongst my good friends. In fact, I probably spend more time ‘talking’ to people online, than I do with my physical friends. If we’re not FB friends, why not send me a request?
- Entertaining – I love to cook and entertain my friends
- Family – My teenage daughters drive me crazy at times but I can’t imagine life without them. My husband is a treasure and makes a great cup of tea. One of the best things? He doesn’t complain about all the time I spend writing, reading, or chatting online.
- Countryside – I have a house in the country. I’m counting down the days until I can leave the city and more their permanently *crosses fingers for lotto win*
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway. You need to gather the code word from each of the seven posts in the Foster An Author series. Gather all seven codes words, rearrange them into the correct sentence and email me at email@example.com with your answer. The lucky winner will get an eBook copy of one of my books, plus a $10 Amazon voucher.
Today’s code word is TWO.
Tomorrow I’ll be talking about some of the things I love.
Title: More Than a Superstar
Author: Nic Starr
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Cover Artist: Christy Caughie
Genre: Contemporary, M/M Romance
More Than: Book One
Sam Miller’s dreams are simple—to give back to the aunt who supported him since his mother’s death and to have a family of his own. He focuses on making a success of their catering business Poppy’s Pantry, and his close group of friends. However, when Aunt Poppy ends up in the hospital, it’s a stranger Sam meets in the corridor who gives him the support he needs.
Rob Taylor is a man with secrets. His life in the public eye has taken its toll, and now he lives with the repercussions. When he finds himself falling for Sam, he knows things are finally going his way.
But just as Sam and Rob find their happiness, another secret threatens to tear them apart.
About the Author
Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.
Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her own that needed to be told!
When not writing or reading, she loves to spend time with her family-an understanding husband and two beautiful daughters-and is often found indulging in her love of cooking and planning her dream home in the country.
You can find Nic on Facebook, Twitter and her blog. She’d love it if you stopped by to say hi.
Website & Blog: http://www.nicstarr.com
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1VN1RSJ
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/NicStarrAuthor
The lucky winner will get an eBook copy of one of my books, plus a $10 Amazon voucher. You need to gather the code word from each of the seven posts in my Foster An Author series at Prism. Gather all seven codes words, rearrange them into the correct sentence and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer. I’ll use a random name picker to select the winner from the correct entries. I am travelling so the winner will be drawn after 2nd November. Good luck!
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|