Join Prism Book Alliance® as Andrew Q Gordon goes Outside the Margins today.
Most of us will spend some time in the next few weeks thinking of what we will do differently next year. I’m not usually one of them. I volunteer to work every January 1 just to remind myself that there isn’t anything magical about the day that makes this year different from the last/next one. But I’ll confess, I used to do that.
I used to dutifully write down my resolutions (I even called them goals one year to make it sound better.) It never worked out so well so I stopped. Now, I try to make changes as I recognize the need, and not because I’ve purchased a new calendar.
Now let me be clear, goals ARE good. They help focus us. The pomodoro method of time management (where you set the close for 25 minutes, work your tushy off for that period, then take a break before you do it again) is very popular and I’m told very affective. Just not for me.
So with that in mind I’ll share some of my ongoing goals and maybe add a few new ones.
- Make the day longer – 24 hours? Cripes, I need at least 30. I’m going to start a go fund me campaign to lobby for longer days. Please consider donating your unused hours each day.
- Introduce myself to more readers. With all those new hours, I plan to go on a national tour where I knock on people’s door, show them a copy of one of my books and show them how easy it is to download them off Amazon, B & N, iBooks, ARe, Kobo and the like.
- Since were dreaming big, I plan to get Oprah to do a day long special on me, myself and I. It will be a documentary about the man who successful gave people more hours in a day and an infomercial about my books. I think it will be ratings winner.
- Pass a law outlawing Catfish. No, not the online kind, real catfish. They look nothing like cats, so it’s terribly misleading.
- Prove to the world there is nothing wrong with caffeine. I plan to wear a caffeine drip IV to help me stay awake during my extra hours. Don’t mind the rapid speech patterns, they’ll subside with time.
- I want to create an Elf on the Shelf for adults. Too many people are acting badly these days so we need something to keep folks in line. The Elf thingy works wonders with little kids, if we could replicate it with adults it’d be like printing money.
- Finally I want to smile more. And not just me, I want everyone else to smile more too. Smiling requires ten muscles to make happen, where it only needs six to frown. Think of all the extra calories you’d burn just by smiling more. And hey, if that number is off a bit, who cares, you’ll totally be happier.
Here’s to a happy, smile filled new year with best sellers for everyone and extra coffee for those extra long days to come.
~Andrew Q Gordon
About Andrew Q Gordon
Andrew Q. Gordon wrote his first story back when yellow legal pads, ball point pens were common and a Smith Corona correctable typewriter was considered high tech. Adapting with technology, he now takes his MacBook somewhere quiet when he wants to write.
He currently lives in the Washington, D.C. area with his partner of twenty years, their young daughter and dog. In addition to dodging some very self-important D.C. ‘insiders’, Andrew uses his commute to catch up on his reading. When not working or writing, he enjoys soccer, high fantasy, baseball and seeing how much coffee he can drink in a day.
On his website: www.andrewqgordon.com,
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/andrewqugordon,
On Twitter: @andrewqgordon,
Or just email him: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashes of Life
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|