Author: Lisabet Sarai
Publisher: LadyLit Publishing
Cover Artist: unknown
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Publication Date: 05/10/2015
Length: Novel (~ 50K-100K)
Genre: Contemporary, Drama, Erotica, Lesbian, Lesbian Romance, Romance
In ‘Her Own Devices’, Lisabet Sarai collects her favorite stories of lesbian desire into a single volume. Meet Ally, former gang member, who fears losing her identity along with her tattoos in the skilled hands of laser technician Luisa. Get to know butch firefighter Wilhemina “Billie” Macdonald, struggling to recover from the disastrous accident that killed her best buddy, with the help of a rather unconventional psychotherapist. Lick your lips at Goth rock chick Mina, barely into her twenties but brazen as sin, and velvet-clad, cigar-smoking Silicon Valley siren Dr. Marta Hausman.
Each of these nine luscious tales will introduce you to distinctively different women, who all demonstrate that, left to her own devices, a woman can find passion, comfort, love, healing or whatever she needs, in the arms of another woman.
Table of Contents
The Architecture of Desire
The First Stone
Sundae, Bloody Sundae
Her Own Devices
Delicious and Delightful
This anthology contains nine previously published short stories by Ms Sarai. All of these tale are very different from the other and yet all are intensely erotic. They are very, very good and well deserving and fitting of the LadyLit label.
1) Rush Hour – Ruth is a late for a corporate event. Its pouring rain and when she finally gets a cab another woman reaches it at the same time. They end up sharing much more than a cab ride! Hot, fast and fierce.
2) Burn Baby – Billie is a firefighter who is suffering from deep depression after losing her best friend to a fire. She is ordered to therapy where Dr Morgenstern has a special way of showing her that fire doesn’t always have to hurt.
3) Making Memories – Nicki is on her way home after visiting her father in a nursing home when her tire blows. She walks to the nearest town where she is told her car cant be fixed till the next day. She ends up at an inn owned by Maggie. Over the evening they tell each other about their lost loves. Later in the night they make love. This is a very beautiful and descriptive story.
4) Business mogul Marta is speaking at a convention. Lori is a computer nerd who is taken with the woman in green velvet. Little does Lori know that the feeling is mutual and soon they are off to Marta’s. What she has in mind is very, very hot.
5) The Architecture of Desire – Judith, the polished architect,and Toby, the young, tough bartender have an amazing time in the bar storeroom.
6) The First Stone – A nun at a half way house falls in lust with one of the residents who has noticed and decides to do something about it.
7) Sundae Bloody Sundae – Sub Jana has an eating disorder. Her Domme discovers a way to help her. This is erotic and very endearing.
8) Clean Slate – Ally, a former gang member, has gone to Luisa to have her tattoos removed. Luisa has fallen in love and by making Ally’s skin a blank canvas, she has offered the girl a world of choices. This one was my favourite, it was full of hope and promise.
9) Her Own Devices – Lin has gone to Burton’s home at the request of her Master, Wu. She is to find out why his brothel is so successful and to obtain the sex machines he uses. In exchange Wu offers Lin to her for keeps. Little does Lin know there is a pleasant surprise waiting for her.
I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with the eARC of this title in exchange for my honest opinion.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|