My Top in 10 LGBT Fiction:
These are books that blew me away and left me not knowing what to do next with my life. These are books that I think everyone should read a least once. These are not all romances, but they are all fiction focusing on LGBT main characters. Some will break your heart. Some will leave you flying. Some will warm your soul. Each one is something special to me.
These are in no particular order. Well actually I guess they are because my anal retentive self has to alphabetize them, but they aren’t ranked in any way. I know I have read at least another 50 books that I could put on this list without regret. However, when I thought about making this list, these are the first 10 to come to me. I think that speaks to something.
- Aaron by JP Barnaby – A beautiful story of recovery, support, friendship, and love.
- The Bones of You by Laura Stone – This book is an emotional rollercoaster from the first page to the last.
- By That Sin Fell the Angels by Jamie Fessenden – Fessenden masterfully depicts the struggle faced by many as their sexuality is vilified by those who profess to love and support them.
- Infected (series) by Andrea Speed – One of the best and richest shifter-esque worlds in the genre. Just read it. Trust me.
- Hat Trick (series) by Jeff Adams – These are men that any parent would be proud to call son. This is a series I would gladly recommend to any parent, teen, hockey fan, or human being.
- Latakia by JF Smith – The first time I read this book, it left me speechless. Every time I have read it since, it has affected me just a deeply. It is a tale of acceptance, love, and overcoming tragedy.
- The Race for Second by Chase Potter – Ethan burrowed right into my heart. You start out thinking he may be a bit of a prick, but then you realize that he is just trying to find his way in the world like everyone else.
- rock by Anyta Sunday – A compelling look at the lives and love of two young boys as they fight, love, lose each other, and eventually find each other again.
- Tales from Foster High (series) by John Goode – I don’t know what else I can say about this series. Brad and Kyle are some of my favorite fictional characters ever.
- Woke Up in a Strange Place by Eric Arvin – Woke Up in a Strange Place is a unique and beautiful view of one man’s journey to his soul mate.
Brandilyn has kindly offered 1 lucky commenter an ebook version of one of her top 10 LGBT titles. (If the selection is a series, you may choose from any title within the series). The enter to win, tell me 3 of your favorite LGBT titles and why. They don’t have to be your top 3, just 3 that you love.
Contest will end 7 days from original posting date at 8pm CST. Must be 18 or older to enter, void where prohibited.
One random commenter with thoughtful, relevant comments will win a $25 gift certificate each month in 2016.
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|