Each Friday, here at Prism Book Alliance® we will be tackling a very important topic… of sorts. Five Thing Friday… The topic will change each week, so be sure to check back. We encourage you to comment with your own Five Things!
Topic: Five Things You Wish You Could Tell Your Younger Self
We asked each of our reviewers to tell us about what are five things you wish you could have told your younger self?
Take the blue pill…
No honestly, I have thought about this many times, but every decision and action has brought me here, so I am good with it all.
Keep your brain to mouth filter switched to “on”
don’t pick your career based on a parent’s wishes
don’t start smoking
don’t push love, wait the other person out.
1. You can get out of a relationship before it has reached The Bitter End. In fact, it’s better for everyone if you do.
2. Speak up and ask for what you want. Sometimes the answer will be no, but that won’t kill you.
3. Wine is awesome. In moderation. Start with sangria, it’s like wine with training wheels.
4. Learn how to make paella the first time the thought crosses your mind. It’s easier than you think.
5. You have ADHD, that’s why you lose your keys every day and can’t manage time in your head. This will make you a miserably bad (and miserable) consulting engineer. Take that engineering technical sales and teaching job the first time it comes up.
You have depression, Mel. Go and get help.
Once you leave your church and belief behind, you really will be free.
Your sexuality isn’t what you think it is.
Find a guy called Alexis Hall and read all his books right away.
Macao—It’ll be the best thing, besides your family, that’s gonna happen to you.
Write down your family history while your parents are still alive!
Don’t plant things in your yard if you don’t like the way the flowers smell when they bloom.
Go to the dentist even if you are afraid.
Put the camera down once in a while and experience things – and don’t use cheap cameras if you can avoid it.
Don’t take good jewelry to college.
You don’t have to settle
Invest in Apple
Have more sex in your 20s.
Develop some more restrained eating habits so you don’t have to struggle when gravity sets in
Take voice lessons
Don’t be afraid
Learn Chinese instead of French
So what are your Five Things???
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|