Prism Book Alliance® would like to thank A.M. Leibowitz for stopping by today.
Title: An Act of Devotion
Author: A.M. Leibowitz
Publisher: Supposed Crimes
Cover Artist: Brent Kessler
Genre: Bisexual, Contemporary, Gay Romance, New Adult
Release Date: 05/04/2016
Adam Lansing has always relied on his charm to get by. Sure, he’s starting over—new school, new graduate assistant position—but he knows he won’t have any trouble working his magic on anyone he chooses.
Antonio “AJ” Mancuso is deep inside his own head. He’s cool, calm, and confident. Despite all the friends around him, he often feels like he straddles two worlds. Is there anyone who could love him for everything that defines him—past and present?
From the first time they meet, Adam is determined to get gorgeous AJ to notice him. But just as the heat is cranking up between them, Adam spots AJ with another man. Adam strikes back through a fling with an ex. When he discovers the truth behind AJ’s behavior, he realizes that his magic won’t clean up for him this time.
Ten Books that influenced me
- Annie on My Mind – Is this the best lesbian YA? Probably not, but its impact on me was undeniable.
- The Art of Mending, by Elizabeth Berg – I felt like I was reading about people I knew. The similarities were eerie. Her books are life-giving.
- Breastfeeding and Human Lactation, ed. Jan Riordan – This is the only college textbook I read cover to cover. I took the course with Dr. Riordan herself, and she is wonderful.
- The Chosen, by Chaim Potok – reading this connected me deeply with my own ethnic roots.
- The Color Purple, by Alice Walker – everyone needs to read this book.
- The Great Emergence, by Phyllis Tickle – this was my ticket out of conservative religion hell.
- A Horse and His Boy, by C.S. Lewis – This one specifically stood out to me. I read it at a very dark time in my young adult life (I had never read it as a kid), and it left an impression.
- Many Waters, by Madeleine L’Engle – I think I must have read this one at least 20 times as a teen.
- A Year of Biblical Womanhood, by Rachel Held Evans – I got to be part of the launch team, and I met a whole lot of like-minded people for the first time ever.
- A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving – This is my favorite of his books.
About the Author
Meet the author:
- M. Leibowitz is a queer spouse, parent, feminist, and book-lover falling somewhere on the Geek-Nerd Spectrum. Ze keeps warm through the long, cold western New York winters by writing about life, relationships, hope, and happy-for-now endings. In between noveling and editing, ze blogs coffee-fueled, quirky commentary on faith, culture, writing, books, and hir family.
Where to find the author:
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/UnchainedFaith
Twitter: https://twitter.com/amyunchained @amyunchained
Web site: http://amleibowitz.com
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00OIC158W (A. M. Leibowitz)
One random commenter with thoughtful, relevant comments will win a $25 gift certificate each month in 2016.
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|