Prism Book Alliance® would like to thank Annabeth Albert for stopping by today. Please give them a warm welcome.
Title: BETA TEST
Author: Annabeth Albert
Publisher: Carina Press
Cover Artist: Carina Press
Genre: Contemporary, Gay Romance
Release Date: 05/30/2016
Player vs. Player. Fight!
Brilliant graphic designer Ravi Tandel is ahead of the game—he’s just been asked to present a top secret project at a huge conference in Seattle. All systems are go…until he learns his buttoned-up office nemesis is coming along for the ride.
Tristan Jones isn’t really the gamer type, but he knows the back end of the video game business inside out. Together, he and Ravi will give an awesome presentation. If they survive the cross-country trip first.
Tossed together in close quarters, Ravi’s shocked to see Tristan’s sexy, softer side emerge from such a conservative shell. He’s less shocked to learn his handsome colleague’s prominent family would never support an out-and-proud son. But Ravi didn’t struggle through his own coming out to hide who he is now. To be together, Tristan will have to push past his fear and ultimately decide: Does he want a future with Ravi? Or is it game over before they’ve even begun?
Book Two of the #gaymers series
How to Survive a Convention with the Beta Test Heroes
Thanks so much for having me today! In my new m/m contemporary, BETA TEST, two feuding coworkers are forced to undertake a road trip for their employer, a video game manufacturer. This is book two in my #gaymers universe, but it stands alone as this is a whole new couple with only a very limited appearance from the book one heroes. My heroes take their road trip from Santa Monica to Seattle to go to a big video game convention to represent the game they work for. We’re in the midst of convention season right now in the book world, and the summer is filled with things like comic cons, Pride festivals, and the RWA national convention, and I thought it might be fun to have my uber-prepared character, Tristan, share his top convention survival tips.
Tristan’s Top Convention Tips
- Always be properly hydrated. Coffee in particular may be in short supply, so be prepared and bring extra! (Bringing one for your travel partner may win you bonus points!)
- Have a plan! Know in advance which exhibits you most want to see. Study the map of the exhibit hall before you start so that you can plan your route. Bring a highlighter for marking up the convention materials.
- Speaking of office supplies, if you’ll be seeking autographs, pack an extra sharpie—you never know when you’ll find yourself with one of your idols.
- Don’t forget to eat! People get cranky when they don’t eat, so have a plan for food. Expect long lines and wait times for food at the con, so packing snacks, when allowed, is always a good idea.
- Wear comfortable shoes and comfortable clothes. A long day at the con is no time to break in your designer duds. Leave the tight pants to others 😉
- The best souvenir is often the one you get for someone else. Finding a good surprise is part of the fun!
- Pace yourself. It’s okay to skip some events or sleep later to keep your sanity—take time for yourself.
- Having someone to explore with can make everything easier—bring (or make!) a friend.
- Avoid the tattoo booth!
- Have fun! Step outside your comfort zone!
How about you? Have any plans to go to RWA, GRL, RT or other book conventions? Comic Con on your agenda? Anyone headed to Pride? In the comments, tell me about your top convention or big event survival tips!
About the Author
Annabeth Albert grew up sneaking romance novels under the bed covers. Now, she devours all subgenres of romance out in the open—no flashlights required! When she’s not adding to her keeper shelf, she’s a multi-published Pacific Northwest romance writer.
Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. Annabeth loves finding happy endings for a variety of pairings and is a passionate gay rights supporter. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two children. She loves connecting with her readers–join her reader group on facebook and/or sign up for her newsletter!
One random commenter with thoughtful, relevant comments will win a $25 gift certificate each month in 2016.
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|