Each Friday, here at Prism Book Alliance® we will be tackling a very important topic… of sorts. Five Thing Friday… The topic will change each week, so be sure to check back. We encourage you to comment with your own Five Things!
Topic: Pet Peeves
We asked each of our reviewers to tell us about what are your five biggest pet peeves?
1. People who zip around in traffic and cut me off only to go the same speed in front of me that they were going behind me, because we are all stuck behind the same goober at the front of the line who can’t pull past the semi in the slow lane.
2. Snorting in lieu of nose-blowing. In this, I’m with Shrek: Better Out Than In.
3. People whose curiosity gets ahead of their good manners. “Are all your kids *real* brothers and sisters?”
“Yes, because I’m the mother of them all. If you were trying to ask if they’re biologically related as well, you’re out of line because I don’t discuss my kids’ biology with strangers.”
4. People who equate politeness and civilized treatment of others with approval of everything those people say and do. Don’t be a skidmark because you have beef with someone.
5. People who spend the first four years of their kids’ lives shouting at them “Don’t go in that deep water! You’ll drown!!!” and then send them to me to teach them to swim when they’re good and terrified and cognitively capable of understanding death. Bring them in as babies and learn to help them in the water, if you’re that flipped out. If you can be calm letting them play in the water, then feel free to wait until they’re big enough to swim independently and can listen to verbal instruction.
Wearing shoes in the house – NO
“Totes” – it’s over, give it up :p
Trash not thrown away
graffiti – tagging
people who stand in the middle of walkways to hold conversations
people who don’t use self-serve gas efficiently
people who use the American flag without following proper flag etiquette and people with giant, over-lifted pickup trucks who drive around with flags in the back of their trucks
Driving slow in the fast lane
Empty shampoo bottles left in the shower
Towels not folded properly
Entitled young people
“All Lives Matter” people
When a server freshens my coffee without asking first
PEOPLE WHO VANDALIZE!!!
Cigarette butts in my yard
Dog poo on the walking paths
Empty toilette paper rolls not replaced
PEOPLE WHO VANDALIZE!!!!
So what are your Five Things???
One random commenter with thoughtful, relevant comments will win a $25 gift certificate each month in 2016.
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|