I would like to thank NeltjeAnn for this fabulous post!
Being a parent is one of the greatest blessings that you will ever get. It is hard to realize how much you can love until you have a child. When you have one, you will do anything for them. However, parenting does not come with a set of instructions, and we must learn from out mistakes. Here are some tips to parenting a toddler.
- Always hold their hands in public. I always see toddlers running around without a parent in sight. For me, I always want to be around my child. I don’t want them to ever think that I have abandoned them. Plus, you will have peace of mind if you always know where they are.
- Don’t fight with them. When a child says that they don’t want to do something, don’t argue back with them. If you do, they will fight back, and you might be in a big argument with your child.
- Put them in a car seat. I don’t know how many parents that I have seen that neglect to put their children in car seats. It is quite scary to see. Children are very fragile, and any sudden stop that you make could mean the end of your child. Take every measure to protect them.
- Love them. Give your children the love and the attention that they need. Show them that you will always be there and love them by doing things with them. Read to them at night and spend as much time as you can with them.
- Teach them to be wary of strangers. Children are very curious by nature. This is a wonderful time, but you also want to teach them to be safe. The world is full of dangerous people, and it’s better to teach them to be ward rather than be sorry.
- Have them help around the house. Teach your child at a young age how to do chores. When you are folding clothes, and they want to help―let them.
- Don’t drink when your children are around. It can be hard for a child to grow up and see their parents drink. Even if you drink lightly, make sure that you don’t do it in front of your children. It can be very damaging for them to see.
Neltje Ann is a writer for MyCollegesandCareers.com. My Colleges and Careers helps people determine if an online education is right for them, helps them understand how they can find the best online colleges, and which ones they can choose from to reach their goals.
I have a number of paperbacks, most of which are signed, to giveaway. Over the between now (11 Mar 2017) and 31 Mar 2017, every comment on the blog (this post and all other new posts), will be entered to win 1 of these paperbacks. There are also some misc swag items, so there will be a few packs of these to give away as well.
Thank you so much for your support over the last 4 years. Prism will be closing its doors on 1 April 2017. All content will remain available, but no new content will appear after 31 Mar 2017. As such all request forms have been turned off. Again Thank you,
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|