Join Prism Book Alliance® as Jaime Reese / Reese Dante goes Outside the Margins today.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and it’s often the day when most people pause to give thanks and have a large family gathering with tons of food. It’s actually one of the few days I shut down my machine early to spend time with family. I appreciate them throughout the year, I make sure to call them periodically, and I also make sure to let them know I love them. But this particular holiday is one of those handful of times in the year where we all take a break and spend time together, and that’s not something I take for granted.
Since I love lists, I keep one with things I’m thankful for.
I’ve got a ridiculously long list of things, but I’m a private person and don’t often share. Case in point, I suck at the whole social media thing. You can see my Facebook page and blog, it’s painfully boring and bare. But I’m trying, I swear I am. hides
So here are a few items that are my standard and a few that come to mind because of the time of year.
- I’m thankful for the online community of readers, authors, friends, coworkers and associates. Seriously, I wouldn’t be able to design the covers I do or write the stories I write without the endless support. It’s a blessing and I don’t take it for granted at all. Thank you. <3
- I’m thankful for my family, especially my hubby. He keeps me sane and always offers a well of unwavering support and unconditional love. And for my Rocco (my dog). He keeps me company throughout the day and gives me plenty of hugs.
- I’m thankful I still have my dad with me. He scared the crap out of me last year and I’m incredibly thankful to have that period of time behind me/us.
- I’m thankful I can see clearly. I know this ‘thanks’ might sound silly to some, but it’s a biggie for me (especially considering what I do for a living). A little personal info on me…I have bad eyesight. Well, I had bad eyesight. Really bad. So bad I wasn’t able to see my hubby standing directly in front of me without contacts or glasses. I would see a blurry form, that’s it. I had laser surgery over nine years ago. If I’m going to be brutally honest, I wake up most mornings, smile and give thanks—still—for this after all these years. So it makes sense to have it on my list. 🙂
- I’m thankful for the large Thanksgiving meals that fill me up so much I often nod off while still at my mother-in-law’s house.
- I’m thankful my nieces are no longer grade-school aged where I need to do the 4am day-after-Thanksgiving-drag-myself-out-of-bed Friday waiting-in-line shopping thing. (yes, I did that for many years and it was painful)
- I’m thankful for online shopping. Seriously. I don’t like walking into a store and shopping (especially during the holidays and weekends).
- I’m thankful I was able to get through TSA when leaving Kansas City last month after GRL. Note to traveling authors – putting small tabletop banners in your carry-on bag is not a good idea. When you have four lined up, it looks like something it’s not on the x-Ray machine – then everyone’s afraid to touch your bag to check. :\ Um…oops.
While Thanksgiving is a day specifically for giving “thanks”, don’t wait for that one day out of the year to show appreciation for the people in your life. You’d be surprised how a short email, text, or phone call can brighten someone’s day.
I hope you have a happy, healthy, and safe Happy Thanksgiving. <3
The Men of Halfway House Series
Amazon (series) link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G0NI6PQ
- A Better Man (Matt & Julian)
- A Hunted Man (Cam & Hunter)
- A Restored Man (Cole and Ty)
- A Mended Man (Aidan & Jessie)
- **Coming 2017** (Drayton & Vann)
~Jaime Reese / Reese Dante
About Jaime Reese / Reese Dante
One random commenter with thoughtful, relevant comments will win a $25 gift certificate each month in 2016.
|This post may contain affiliate links.
|Prism Book Alliance® assumes no liability for the ownership of photos or content used in guest posts and interviews. The post author assumes all responsibility and liability for this content.|